Thursday, October 2, 2014

Cultural Shock

Today, I will write about cultural shock
Every day we live with people different from ourselves. This is already part of a culture shock as each person has a different culture. This concept, always linked to the countries, but within a country, a city and even a family are different cultures.

For my future profession I had many experiences of culture shock. My greatest experience was in a school located in Santiago Centro commune, its name is Republica de Alemania. In this school, there are children of different nationalities: Peruvians, Colombians, Bolivians, Ecuadorians, Haitians and Chileans, with 50% of foreign students enrolled.

In this school I was specifically with children in 1st grade, the ambient was a lot of violence and constant jokes about the color of skin and / or nationality, finishing on occasion in blows.

So in this context was very marked difference of cultures, having to work on the contrary, for example, the similarities between us, that we all have feelings and deserve respect and affection.

In this experience I felt fruitless because I didn’t know what to do to help the children, to avoid the cultural shock

No comments:

Post a Comment